What is a Certified Pre-owned Vehicle?
What does “CPO” mean, and what is a certified pre-owned vehicle anyway? Well, to qualify as a certified pre-owned vehicle, all of our Nissan’s must undergo a thorough 155-point Inspection. Every major component of the vehicle must be inspected to ensure it meets the highest standards for safety. That includes drivetrain components like the engine and transmission, brakes and suspension components, the air bag system and interior components.
Some of the basics covered by the inspection include:
- 10-point Pre-inspection including VIN Validation and Odometer Check
- 16-point Comprehensive Road Test including transmission and engine operation check
- 32-point Inspection of Engine and Related systems including cooling system and wiring
- 14-point inspection of braking, suspension and steering systems
- 9-point inspection of transmission and drivetrain
- 7-point inspection of wheels and tires including pressure and tread depth
- 26-point Inspection of body and exterior including glass and paint condition
- 36-point inspection of interior trim and amenities
- 5-point inspection of restraint systems including seatbelts and airbags
Every Nissan CPO also includes a ‘CarProof’ vehicle history report that gives you a history of insurance claims in Canada, as well as cross-Canada registration information. If the report finds that a vehicle has been involved in a major insurance claim, or has been listed as Salvage, Rebuilt, Non-repairable, Stolen or Fire/Flood-damaged, then the vehicle will NOT qualify for the pre-owned program